IBON ONLINE SERVICES
IBON Online Services is the interactive portion of our site, providing the following services.
Licensing applications for all license types (RNs, LPNs, ARNPs)
- Initial license application by examination, endorsement from another state and advanced practice
- License renewals or RN, LPN and ARNP
- License reactivations for RN, LPN and ARNP
- Update address and contact information at any time
- Update education and employment information at any time
IMPORTANT: In any online application process, keep clicking the continue buttons until you reach the final page containing the application summary, additional instructions (if any), and the audit form if you have been selected.
License Verification Options
- The site also provides license verification to the general public that includes links to any public disciplinary action. If you know the license number, no login is required.
- If you don’t know the license number, but have the name or SSN, you will need to click on “Secured Access” and create an account i.d. in order to login to retrieve the same information.
Alternatively, with the name only, you may access the licensure database through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing: Nursys.com. Choose the QuickConfirm option.
Mailing Lists (Rosters)
The public can purchase lists of Iowa nurses that include name, address, and other optional information. Rosters cost $40 per request. (Note: we have been advised by legal counsel that email addresses and phone numbers are not considered public record at this time, so they are not included as an option when purchasing a list.)