The Iowa Board of Nursing requests that licensees and the public use the board web site nursing.iowa.gov to verify license status, change address, renew an active license, check the status of an application in process or apply for initial license. Click on IBON Online Services for any of these services.
Use the following contacts for specific questions. If you inquire about your license status or request written materials, provide the following information at the beginning of the call/message: Iowa license number, full name, mailing address, and phone number including area code.
- Your license renewal or reactivation in process
- Lost/stolen licenses
- License Verification
- Name/address changes
- Request application for license renewal, reactivation, endorsement, or exam
- Inactive status
- Application for licensure by examination in process
- ARNP initial application
- Your ARNP application in process
- Endorsement application
- Your endorsement application in process
- ARNP renewal
- Your ARNP renewal in process
- Continuing education rules
- Continuing education provider rules
- Special approval of Continuing Education courses
- Rosters or listings of nurses
- Disciplinary issues
- Sanctioned cases
- Editor, Iowa Board of Nursing Newsletter
- Scope of nursing practice in Iowa
- Formal nursing education in Iowa
- Nurse Licensure Compact Agreement (Multi-state license)
- NCLEX accommodations
- Foreign applicants for licensure
I would like to:
Notify the Iowa Board of Nursing about an address change. NOTE: Employment address is NOT acceptable please provide home address only.
Email the Board of Nursing a specific question
Report a problem with this website
Visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.