Complaints the IBON Will Not Investigate
The Iowa Board of Nursing investigates LPN’s, RN’s, and ARNPs.
The Board does not regulate the following:
- An unlicensed person claiming to be a nurse – The Board has no jurisdiction over these individuals and refers you to the County Attorney.
- Certified Nursing Assistants, Certified Medication Aides, Nurse Aides – Contact the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals at 877.686.0027
- Other unlicensed personnel such as Medical Assistants, Residential Care Workers – Contact the employer.
- Labor-Personnel issues such as how many hours you work, an employer owing you pay, or being understaffed – Contact the Iowa Division of Labor at 515.242.5870.
- Physicians – Contact the Iowa Board of Medicine at 515.281.6641.
- Physician Assistants – Contact the Iowa Board of Physician Assistants 515.281.0254.
- Insurance coverage or other billing grievances, unless the complaint alleges that a nurse falsified records or knowingly permitted the use of falsified information in records.
The Board will accept anonymous complaints, however, this may limit the amount of information the investigator can acquire to thoroughly investigate the allegation.