The entire continuing education requirement can be obtained from self-study courses, including those taken over the Internet. Self-study courses are acceptable if they are offered by entities listed as follows:
a. Informal offerings approved by the following entities:
(1) Iowa board of nursing.
(2) Other state boards of nursing that have mandatory continuing education requirements.
(3) American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
(4) National League for Nursing (NLN).
(5) National Federation of Licensed Practical Nurses Continuing Education (NFLPN) and the NFLPN Education Foundation.
(6) National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service, Inc. (NAPNES).
(7) American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
(8) National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP).
(9) Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
(10) American Medical Association (AMA) Continuing Medical Education.
(11) International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
(12) American Psychological Association (APA).
(13) National Commission for Health Education Credentialing.
(14) National Board of Public Health Examiners.
(15) National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
(16) Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
(17) National Council for Behavioral Health.
Reference: IAC 655, Chapter 5.2(5)a.(1)-(17)